Social Sciences Research Guide
- Materials in the Library Collection dealing with Social Science topics are usually found in the H section on the lower level. A simple outline of the topics:
- H — Social Sciences (General)
- HB — Economic Theory
- HM — Sociology (General)
- HQ — The Family
- HT — Community, Classes, and Races
- ProQuest Social Science Journals
- Covers core disciplines across the social sciences including sociology, social work, anthropology, politics and other areas.
- Archived articles are from scholarly journals in political science, history, philosophy, mathematics, business, art, literature, language, music, religion, etc.
- Contains citations and summaries of scholarly journal articles, book chapters, books, and dissertations, all in psychology and related disciplines.
- Psychology and Behavioral Sciences Collection
- A comprehensive database covering information concerning topics in emotional and behavioral characteristics, psychiatry & psychology, mental processes, anthropology, and observational & experimental methods.
- ProQuest Dissertations & Theses: The Humanities and Social Sciences Collection
- Dissertations and theses published in the humanities and social sciences from around the world.
- US Newsstream provides national and regional news sources from the U.S. and includes popular titles such as The New York Times, the Wall Street Journal, Washington Post, Los Angeles Times, Boston Globe, Newsday, and Chicago Tribune.
- Issues & Controversies
- Issues & Controversies presents articles in pro/con format that are supported by statistics, timelines, and primary sources. Many issues feature original videos and educator resources, as well as debate videos, newspaper editorials, audio content, and breaking news.
- American Enterprise Institute for public policy research
- Brookings Institution Papers
- The Brookings Institution is a nonprofit public policy organization based in Washington, DC.
- European Union Gateway
- EUROPA is the portal site of the European Union
- Human Rights Watch
- Institute for Quantitative Social Science
- Statistical and analytical tools for the social and health sciences