Welcome to Deets Library
Deets Library Collections include:
- More than 95 online databases
- Physical collection of 49,000 items including books, DVDs, and audio recordings
- More than 475,000 ebooks
- The SC Archives
Deets Library Services include:
- Reference assistance
- Online tutorials
- Information literacy instruction
- Customized library research orientation for classes
- Interlibrary loan – In addition to our own collections, we provide access to library collections across the country through resource sharing
If you are on campus, we offer both quiet and not-so-quiet study spaces and a new cafe, Stir & Bustle. You can recharge with coffee, tea, -hot, cold, and blended- and food items for study breaks. Bring your laptop or phone charger and plug in while you meet up or study. If you need to print an assignment for your class, you may send the print job to CardSwipe and pick it up at one of our printers on your way to class. We also have five library desktop computers.
Our goal is to help you develop the skills to be successful in your college career and to find the joy in learning that will help you become a lifelong learner.
I invite you to begin the journey by exploring the library website (google Deets Library) or by visiting the library on SC’s main campus in Winfield, KS.
Marjorie Snyder, Library Director
The Harold and Mary Ellen Deets Library supports the mission and vision of Southwestern College.